Created Librarian Wardrobe (LW) in 2010 to catalog what information workers wear while on the job and examine stereotypes. Most entries are user-submitted photos, with some mediated posts in an interview format to examine impact of style and perceptions on users and within the profession.
(Forthcoming, working title) Beyond the bun: Librarian valuing through perception and presentation
Nicole Pagowsky & Miriam Rigby, Eds., To be published by ACRL Press, 2014.
- Upcoming: Maricopa County Library District Staff Day, Invited presentation, 2013, Phoenix, AZ
- MOCA Tucson, Invited lecture, 2013, Tucson, AZ
- LIM College, Fashion Then & Now Symposium, 2012, New York City, NY
- ALA Annual Conference, LW Conversation Starter, 2012, Anaheim, CA
- SLIS Library 2.011 Conference, Virtual panel: Riding the "Long Tail:" Leveraging a niche to build a network, 2011, San Jose, CA (online)
Volunteering with Radical Reference since 2007, and an admin since 2011. Radical Reference is a virtual reference site for activists and independent journalists, with services offered by librarians and other information professionals across the country.
Created a Radical Reference Alternative Guide to Dallas for the ALA Midwinter Conference, 2012.