Honors & Achievements
MS, University of Arizona, Educational Technology: In progress
MLIS, University of Arizona, Information Resources & Library Science: 2009
BA, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Communication Arts: 2005
Continuing Education & Training
- ETCV 547 Educational Program Evaluation, University of Arizona, Spring 2013
- ETCV 524 Educational Gaming and Simulations, University of Arizona, Fall 2012
- IA 697a Learner-Centered Teaching, University of Arizona, Spring 2012
- Quality Matters Training, August 2012
- Collaborative IRB Training Initiative (CITI) Human Subjects Training Program, June 2012
- ACRL Immersion Program Track, 2013
- ALA Emerging Leader, 2011
- The Margaret Maxwell Beta Phi Mu Award, 2009
- Nominated to Beta Phi Mu for scholastic achievement & leadership skills in LIS, 2009
- School of Information Resources & Library Science Outstanding Student Award, 2009
- Graduate & Professional Student Council Outstanding Student Leadership Award, 2008/2009
- UA LIS Graduate Assistantship Scholarship, 2008/2009
Accepted: Pagowsky, N. & DeFrain, E. (2013). Memes on the menu: Tasty tactics to get your athletes on track. In Kvenild, C. & Calkins, K. (Eds.) The embedded librarian’s cookbook: Recipes for making long-term connections. Chicago: ACRL Press.
Pagowsky, N. (2013). Test-driving Purdue’s Passport gamification platform for library instruction. ACRL TechConnect blog (peer-reviewed). http://acrl.ala.org/techconnect/?p=2676.
Pagowsky, N. & Hammond, J. (2012). A programmatic approach: Systematically tying the library to campus-wide retention efforts. College & Research Libraries News, 73(10), 582-594. http://crln.acrl.org/content/73/10/582.full | PDF.
Pagowsky, N. (2011). Using comics for library promotional materials. The U*N*A*B*A*S*H*E*D Librarian, 159, 6-9.
Pagowsky, N. (2010). Employing website statistics to prepare for library job interviews. ALA NMRT Footnotes, 40(2). http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/rts/nmrt/news/footnotes/ november2010/employing_site_statistics_pagowsky.cfm.
Upcoming: Kim, B., Spina, C., Pagowsky, N., Pho, A., Young, L., et al. (2013, June). LITA gamification panel. To be presented at the ALA 2013 Conference, Chicago, IL.
Upcoming: Pho, A., Young, L., & Pagowsky, N. (2013, June). Achievement unlocked: Tracking and assessing user learning through digital badges. Conversation Starter session to be presented at the ALA 2013 Conference, Chicago, IL.
Pagowsky, N. (2013, April). Librarian Wardrobe: Style and stereotypes of information workers. Invited presentation at the Maricopa County Library District Staff Day, Phoenix, AZ.
Pagowsky, N. (2013, March). Librarian Wardrobe: Style and stereotypes of information workers. Invited lecture at the Museum of Contemporary Art - Tucson, AZ.
Pagowsky, N. (2012, October). Librarian Wardrobe beyond the bun: Style perceptions of library workers. Presented at LIM College Fashion: Now & Then Symposium, New York City, NY.
Pagowsky, N. (2012, September). ETCV 411 guest lecture: Info trolling at the ivory tower. [PowerPoint Slides]. Invited lecture for Educational Technology 411: Application of Technology in Education, Tucson, AZ.
Pagowsky, N., et al. (2011, November). Riding the "Long Tail:" Leveraging a niche to build a network. Virtual panel session presented at the SLIS Library 2.011 Conference: "The future of libraries in the digital age," San Jose, CA.
Pagowsky, N., et al. (2011, June). (REFORMA) How I landed my first librarian position and what I did ‘in between.’ Panel discussion presented at the American Library Association Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA.
Curé, K & Pagowsky, N. (2009, April). Organizing infoshop libraries & their collections: Bringing the community into cataloging and matching user needs with organizational capabilities. Presented at 4th Annual SIRLS Graduate Student Symposium, Tucson, AZ.
Program | Presentation Handout | Presentation
- Creator & Curator, Librarian Wardrobe (2010 - present)
- Volunteer & Administrator, Radical Reference (2007 - present)
- Creator & Co-Convener, ACRL Student Retention Discussion Group (2012 - present)
- Creator & Co-Chair, LITA Instructional Technologies Interest Group (2012 - present)
- Chair, ALA Young Professionals Subcommittee (2012 - 2013)
- Mentor, ALA Emerging Leaders Program (2012)
- Conference Reporter, ALA Midwinter & Annual Conferences (2012)
- Creator, Radical Reference Alternative Guide to Dallas for ALA Midwinter Conference (2012)
- Member, Student and Student Chapter Outreach Committee, ALA New Members Round Table (2011 - 2012)
- Co-chair, Local Arrangements Committee, ACRL Instruction Section (2011 - 2012)
- Team G, ALA Emerging Leaders Program (2011)
- Mentee, ACRL Instruction Section Mentorship Program (2010 - 2011)
University of Arizona
- Member, UA Social Media Initiative Team (2013)
- Mentor, UA Libraries ARL-CEP Fellows Program (2013)
- Mentor, UA Arizona Assurance Scholars Program (2012 - 2013)
- Mentor, UA School of Information Resources & Library Science Mentorship Program (2012 - 2013)
- Member, UA Libraries Open Access Week Planning Committee (2012)
- Member, UA Libraries Lois Olsrud Library Faculty Excellence Award Committee (2012)